The Customer Coach
“New Business Strategies helped us understand who we were, who our customers should be and where we fit into the ecosystem. We were able to achieve everything we could have expected, while staying within our budget, because of the early planning we did with New Business Strategies.”
Jan Ryan, President, Social Dynamx/Lithium
The increasing pressure to drive more sustainable growth is inspiring a growing number of CxOs to take on turning their companies into customer aligned powerhouses.
“DIY” Customer Alignment Trend
Having invested significantly in CEM and CX technology with elusive results in loyalty, revenue growth and differentiation, CxOs are now leading the charge themselves.
No consultants, no outsourced customer success, no more technology.
These CxOs realize that customer alignment should be a business discipline that their organizations excel in – but to get there they need a Customer Coach.
An experienced resource that’s “been there, done that” who can help them shape the right course, share best practices and tools, be a confidential sounding board, coach their teams, and hold them accountable to results.
The Customer Coach Program (CCP) is customer alignment coaching designed to build the internal knowledge and provide periodic guidance in how to define, implement and execute a customer centric strategy. The Customer Coach is an experience practitioner that serves as a sounding board, course correct programs, share and help influence key team members to adopt new practices.
This service is appropriate when a company:
- Has executive ownership that is experienced in some or all aspects of customer alignment approaches and is committed to growing current staff skills by doing the ‘heavy lifting’ and learning from the results.
- Optimize the use (and cost) of external expertise through periodic check-ins, assessments, ROI review and team coaching to build internal skills and their ability to prioritize customer understanding in line with company objectives.
- Approach customer alignment with one team or department and create a culture of accountability that is motivated to meet customer interaction expectations before launching a companywide transformation.
- Is unsure which customer alignment approach is right for the organization or does not have full buy-in from the C-Suite yet is expected to demonstrate quantifable ROI in the near-term.
Structure of the Program
“New Business Strategies’ Customer Coaching Program was exactly what we needed to help sales and marketing align to our customers’ expectations.
The Program kicked off with a full day customer journey mapping workshop. We learned what content was required as well as what we don’t know about our customers that we need to research. Our regularly scheduled coaching calls helped guide us to implement a strategy that aligned to our customers.
I really appreciated how responsive, accessible and flexible Christine Crandell was. It was fun and educational, and I recommend NBS to any company looking to truly connect with their customers.”
Laurie Earl, Marketing Manager, Tri Tool
First we’ll do an assessment to understand where the organization’s greatest opportunities for growth lie. The assessment is input into an on-site workshop with the team. The deliverable will be a blueprint – including milestones and owners – that guide the team to achieve the target results.
The blueprint is the foundation of our coaching action plan to get you what you want to be. In each in-person or Go-To-Meeting session we’ll focus on topics including:
- Challenges you are having
- Progress made and results realized from the last call and per the blueprint
- Gaps in your customer alignment knowledge, tools or experience where the team needs help
- Customer knowledge or insights gained and how they fit into the customer alignment strategy
- Customer interactions or campaigns that didn’t turn out as expected or where you’d like different results
- Guidance in shaping a customer-aligned business strategy or how to expand involvement to other teams
Customer Coaching is focused on optimizing your knowledge and leadership skills and ability to cultivate customer alignment in others. Your coach will also help you understand, research, collaborate, connect and influence more deeply up, down and across the org chart as well as help boost your brand with customers.
We take great pride in our ROI track record. Below are some results from past clients. Note that all results are within 6 months or less of program completion:
- 1-2 hour investment once or twice a month.
- Includes kick off assessment and blueprint
- Advice unique to your situation and blueprint
- 300% increase in email open and click thru rates.
- 100% increase demand and customer marketing results.
- 40% increase in marketing ROI.
- 30% increase in sales pipeline.
- 20% increase in year/year revenue.
|60-minute Sessions||90-minute Sessions||90-minute Sessions|
|Monthly Sessions||Every 2 weeks||Every 2 Weeks / OnDemand|
|No Access to Tool Repository||Access to Relevant Tools||Full Access to All Tools & Methods|
|No Training Seats||1 Training Seat / Course||2 Training Seats / Course|